Soalheiro : : Gastronomic Experiences
Taste Melgaço | Food and Wine Pairing Experience at Soalheiro
A meal with a view
Our wines are a complement to many types of food, but they harmonize especially well with local products from our Territory. We invite you to enjoy some regional delicacies from northern Portugal, paired with our wines, while you take in the stunning views of the Minho River Valley. Read more…
Minimum 4 people
Duration: 2 hours
25,00€ (VAT inc.)
This gastronomic experience takes place in our tasting room, next to our green terrace with a stunning view of the Minho River Valley. You will enjoy a light lunch of local products by small artisan producers, offering an authentic taste of our Territory.
Quinta de Folga, our smokehouse just down the road from our winery, focuses on the Bísaro pig. Our region has a longstanding history of using this breed for traditional smoked meats and other dishes. Here, we raise the pigs with ecological breeding, being especially conscious of our environment. This dining experience features an array of products from Quinta de Folga, produced using time-honoured methods.
Prados de Melgaço is a small cheese producer focusing on the process from start to finish. They begin by caring for their animals, keeping them happy and ensuring the best conditions for breeding and feeding. This allows them to obtain exceptional milk, which they combine with unique local flavours to create exquisite cheeses.
The local flavours of our Territory are perfectly complemented by our wines.
- Selection of traditional sausages and smoked ham: Salpicão (dry-cured smoked pork sausage), Chouriça de Sangue (smoked blood sausage), Chouriça de Carne (smoked pork sausage), and Presunto (dry-cured smoked ham)
- Cheese board of goat cheeses from Prados de Melgaço: smoked goat cheese, smoked goat cheese with long aging, and a special “Vinho Alvarinho & Pimentão” treated goat cheese
- Salad made with the vegetables from our organic vegetable garden
- Dessert of fresh cheese, honey, and jam. Served with coffee
- A bottle of Soalheiro Alvarinho (Clássico)
If you cancel your reservation up to 48 hours before the visit, the value of the visit will be fully refunded.
If you cancel your reservation between 48 to 24 hours prior to your visit, you will be given a credit for the full value paid, which can be used towards wine tourism services until the end of the calendar year.
If you cancel your reservation within 24 hours prior to your visit, or do not show up, the payment will be fully charged.